Council on Postsecondary Education President Aaron Thompson will begin the first phase of a statewide listening Tour on Friday, February 1 , 2019 in his hometown of Manchester in Clay County. Thompson will engage students, community and business representatives, and educators in conversations about issues impacting college access, student success, workforce quality, and transitions to career. Thompson said he faced challenges growing up as a poor African American in rural Kentucky in the 1960s, but encouragement and support made the difference. He plans to stress to students that there is support to help achieve goals. The public is invited to attend the community forum at 1:30pm Friday, February 1 at the EKU-Manchester campus. Additional tour dates can be found on our website.
Six other tours are scheduled through May:
- Feb. 19-20–Murray State University
- March 4-5—Owensboro Community and Technical College
- April 17-18—Western Kentucky University
- May 7-8—Kentucky State University
- May 14-15—Morehead State University
- May 28-29—University of Louisville